Monday, July 4, 2016

Momma Billie's Baked Beans

Momma's Baked Beans

Oh, this is one of those recipes you just "guess" on.  No exact measurements just sprinkles of this, and dashes of that, to taste. 

A while back, at Mom's she had these beans on the table and I thought they were remarkably good compared to a lot of other beans I've had - which is a LOT of beans over my lifetime.  

Mom recited her recipe/instructions as follows.

*4 cans of (preferably) ShowBoat Pork and Beans
*Brown Sugar
*Worcestershire sauce
*Molasses
*Dried Minced Onion Flakes

Put the beans in a long baking dish.  You may wish to drain beans (mine turned out runny since I didn't bake them very long - longer baking time will thicken them up!)
Sprinkle the brown sugar over the beans.
Splash on the worcestershire sauce.
Sprinkle some minced onion on the beans (I used onion powder today and it worked fine too).
Pour on some molasses (just guess- how sweet do you like it?)
Then stir.
And the old standby when there are no directions, bake at 350 for 45 minutes and check it!  I did this and it turned out wonderful!
Enjoy, and think of "Momma" when you eat it!


No comments: