Sunday, December 5, 2004
Here is the awesome Tangy Pork Chop Recipe I have been talking about. We have had this recipe twice in the past week. Hope you try it out in your crock pot and enjoy it.
Tangy Pork Chops
4 1/2 Inch thick pork chops
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
2 medium onions, chopped (I only used one onion)
2 celery ribs, chopped
1 large green pepper, sliced
14 1/2 oz. can stewed tomatoes (I used diced tomatoes)
1/2 cup ketchup
2 Tbsp. of cider vinegar (I used balsamic vinegar)
2 Tbsp. brown sugar
2 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
1 Tbsp. lemon juice
1 beef bouillon cube
2 Tbsp. corn starch
2 Tbsp. water
1. Place chops in slow cooker. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
2. Add onions, celery, pepper, and tomatoes.
3. Combine ketchup, vinegar, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, and bouillon. Pour over vegetables.
4. Cover. Cook on Low 5-6 hours.
5. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth. Stir into slow cooker.
6. Cover. Cook on High 30 minutes, or until thickened.
7. Serve over rice.