Sunday, January 29, 2017

Mississippi Mud Cake

This was my Mom's recipe.  It was passed to her from someone at church I think.  I fixed it and it was a real crowd pleaser.  I copied exactly as I had copied from hers.  It's sortof listed in step by step format as far as ingredients so be sure to read throughout as not all of the ingredients are listed at the top. 

MISSISSIPPI MUD

2 Cups Sugar
1 Cup Wesson Oil
4 Eggs


Mix above mixture and beat until smooth.
Sift and add 1 1/2 cups of self rising flour. 
Then add the following:  

1/3 cup cocoa
1/3 cup evanporated milk
3 teaspoons vanilla
1 cup nuts (if desired)

Mix well and  bake in greased 9 x 11 1/2 pan at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.

Remove from oven and cover with a package of miniature marshmallows.  Return to oven 10 minutes until marshmallows brown just a little. 

Ice Cake with:

1 1/2 stick melted margarine
1 lb box confectioners sugar
1/3 cup coco
1 cup nuts (if desired) 
Gradually add milk



No comments: