Sunday, December 5, 2004

Tangy Pork Chops


Here is the awesome Tangy Pork Chop Recipe I have been talking about.   We have had this recipe twice in the past week.  Hope you try it out in your crock pot and enjoy it. 
Tangy Pork Chops
4 1/2 Inch thick pork chops
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
2 medium onions, chopped (I only used one onion)
2 celery ribs, chopped
1 large green pepper, sliced
14 1/2 oz. can stewed tomatoes (I used diced tomatoes)
1/2 cup ketchup
2 Tbsp. of cider vinegar (I used balsamic vinegar)
2 Tbsp. brown sugar
2 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
1 Tbsp. lemon juice
1 beef bouillon cube
2 Tbsp. corn starch
2 Tbsp. water
1.  Place chops in slow cooker.  Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
2.  Add onions, celery, pepper, and tomatoes.
3.  Combine ketchup, vinegar, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, and bouillon.  Pour over vegetables. 
4.  Cover.  Cook on Low 5-6 hours. 
5.  Combine cornstarch and water until smooth.  Stir into slow cooker. 
6.  Cover.  Cook on High 30 minutes, or until thickened.
7.  Serve over rice. 
Enjoy. 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh wow.  I am saving this one.  The chops sounds absolutly delicious!  Thanks for sharing.

Deb

Anonymous said...

I've saved this so I can try it later in the week. :-)  Looking forward to trying it.

Monica
http://journals.aol.com/sonensmilinmon/SmilinMonsAdventures/

Anonymous said...

I might use this for Thursday night when my kids come for supper. It sounds REALLY good!!!
Thanks for sharing!
Kate

Anonymous said...

Yummy sounding. I AM going to put this in my recipe file and mark it" Try Soon."
Happy Holidays to you and your loved ones. *Barb*

Anonymous said...

Great journal, I leave here hungry! ~Robin